Taking a look at the chase for an NBA title, here are my selections for each round and the champion.
(1) Toronto Raptors vs. (8) Washington Wizards
(2) Boston Celtics vs. (7) Milwaukee Bucks
(3) Philadelphia 76ers vs. (6) Miami Heat
(4) Cleveland Cavaliers vs. (5) Indiana Pacers
(1) Toronto Raptors vs. (4) Cleveland Cavaliers
(2) Boston Celtics vs. (3) Philadelphia 76ers
(1) Toronto Raptors vs (2) Boston Celtics
(1) Houston Rockets vs. (8) Minnesota Timberwolves
(2) Golden State Warriors vs. (7) San Antonio Spurs
(3) Portland Trail Blazers vs. (6) New Orleans Pelicans
(4) Oklahoma City Thunder vs. (5) Utah Jazz
(1) Houston Rockets vs. (4) Oklahoma City Thunder
(2) Golden State Warriors vs. (3) Portland Trail Blazers
(1) Houston Rockets vs. (2) Golden State Warriors
Golden State over Boston 6 games.
Last year we talked about Tim Tebow trying to become a professional baseball player.
Tebow’s quest is still going on. This season he is with the double-a Binghamton Rumble Ponies.
This is even after a season in which he did not fare well statistically. He hit .26 overall at two levels of a ball last year. He hit .220 at the low a level. He did hit eight home runs and drove in 52 runs during the year though, but still the numbers don’t really stand out.
Tebow isn’t listed in the Mets top 30 prospect list. Now while this may not mean much, it does mean that he isn’t someone to watch for preforming well. He isn’t even among the top 30 in a system with a couple hundred prospects. Making Tebow at best number 31. That wouldn’t get him a roster spot on the standard 25 man roster.
He maybe at best a slot on the extended 40-man roster. Yet he remains absent on the current edition of that.
Age isn’t on Tebow’s side either. He’s 30, which is old for double –a. It’s old to be still considered a prospect. Maybe not if he was being stored at triple-a for depth as a veteran player, but Tebow’s never even reached the majors. Making it just another waste of roster space the Mets are using with Tebow.
It is about attendance numbers though. Tebow had teams marking their calendars for his appearances. Fans flocked to the gates to see him. This trend should continue this season.
I still think Tebow needs to quit. Go be an analyst or something. Give another hard working young kid a chance to make it to the majors.
Here are my picks for the Stanly cup playoffs.
No. 1 Tampa Bay vs. WC New Jersey
No. 2 Boston vs. No. 3 Toronto
No. 1 Washington vs. WC Columbus
No. 2 Pittsburgh vs. No. 3 Philadelphia
No. 1 Nashville vs. WC Colorado
No. 2 Winnipeg vs. No. 3 Minnesota
No. 1 Las Vegas vs. WC Los Angeles
No. 2 Anaheim vs. No. 3 San Jose
Stanly Cup Finals